Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 3 (Washington D.C.July 27)

I rode the subway for the second time and as if I had'nt got on and off the subway all day yesterday. The subway doors bagan to close on me. It was avious to everyone in the subway that I was not a "native". That is how I started my day with my family.

We took the subway to the Smithsonian area, there was a cool breezeand the tempurature was around 70 degrees. We planned to go to The Air and Space Museum and a fraction of The National Gallery. I was trilled and now that I have been their it is something I could not have gone without. As we walked to The Air and Space Museum, we saw The Castle which is a red brick building between The Mall, The Smithsonian Museums and The Capital.


We came up to a modern gray building and my dad announced it was The Air and Space Museum. Inside their were all types of planes and satillites hanging from the ceilling it was awsome, the way the museum was set up is perfect for pictures.


My dad and I went inside a room called "The Golden Years of Flying" and some of the prepelairs my great grandfather work on were there. Seeing the prepelairs was very neat. There is a completelly different egine for the prepelairs. I found it facinating. While Nate an my mom were going on a very long flite simulation (which I heard did not go so well) I had Dog Tags made for Nate. After my mom and Nate came back I gave them to him and he loved the Dog Tags.

Then we went to the National Gallery and we saw the only Divinchi in America. The painting was magnificient. Guess what? People were taking pictures of the Divinchi painting and other paintings. Apearantlly you are allowed to take pictures as long as they are taken without a flash. I did not have the heart to take a picture of the Divinchi but I did take a picture withthe famous Self Portrait of Van Gogh.

For dinner we went to 1789 a restuarant in Georgetown. This was not just any dinner it was the best dinner I have ever had and I'm not exajerating. 1789 is set in an old home that is over 100 years old and there is not one main dining room. There are an asortment of rooms, I guess what use to be the bedrooms. I had a delightful three course meal and dessert. The first course was a beat salad but the dressing was not heavy it was more of a beat vinegrette. The second course I shared with my mom. I was not so sure about this course it was escargo in puffpaistry. Then for the main course I had rack of lamb. It was great, especially the blueberry crumble dessert. So worth putting on a suit.

1 comment:

  1. I would be a little un-sure about escargo to!
    But it sounds very neat!
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete